Our community-oriented church is located in the rural country setting of Laurel Lake in Silver Lake Township, Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania
Note: Our Name Has Changed to SilverLake Christian Community Church.
If you currently are using www.silverlakepresbyterianchurch.com to access our website please change you bookmarks to point to www.silverlakeccc.org the former address will no longer be valid in the future.
Hours of Service:
Choir Practice 9:15 AM
Worship Service 10:00 AM
Sunday School commences during service after Childrens Corner.
Nursery available during service
Fellowship coffee w/ refreshments after the service
Silver Lake Christian Community Church was organized on February 16, 1816, and the present structure built in 1846. We are an assembled congregation of many backgrounds and denominations. All of us share a desire to worship our Triune God in a meaningful and dignified manner. Our style of worship and praise is comfortable and compatible with our varied heritages. We are expanding our ministry opportunities and continually assessing our programs. We welcome comments that help us to become a better church so that we can continually meet the needs of our congregation and serve our community in the best ways possible. We are to give our best to help anyone in need or difficulty.
To God be the glory! For more information about EPC, please visit www.epc.org and for their beliefs on current issues please visit: http://www.epc.org/about-the-epc/position-papers/ or come visit us on Sunday morning and ask us. The EPC’s beliefs match ours at SLPC:
The Essentials of Our Faith
All Scripture is self-attesting and being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God's redemptive acts culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation we affirm these additional Essentials of our faith:
1. We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. To Him be all honor, glory and praise forever!
2. Jesus Christ, the living Word, became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one Person forever. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. On the third day He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
3. The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, He gives new life to us, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
4. Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God's free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifies them in His sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
5. The true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the body of Christ. The Church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity and the sacraments are administered in their integrity; where scriptural discipline is practiced, and where loving fellowship is maintained. For her perfecting, she awaits the return of her Lord.
6. Jesus Christ will come again to the earth-personally, visibly, and bodily-to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. "Even so, come, Lord Jesus." (Rev. 22:20)
7. The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to the Great Commission requires total commitment to "Him who loved us and gave Himself for us." He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Eph. 2:10)
These Essentials are set forth in greater detail in the Westminster Confession of Faith.
Please Pray for Our Troops and Missionaries Around the World.